Bus Schedules & Maps
Hele-On Transit Services General Information
To read bus schedules and maps, please select the appopriate route from the drop down menu above. They are listed in the order as shown below. The Hele-On System Map is at the bottom of this page for review and download.
How to Read Timetables and Maps
All schedules and maps are PDF documents. If you are unable to view them, you may need to install a free PDF reader such as, or . There are also JPEG images of the schedule and map available under each route selected.
County observed holidays, are defined as: New Years Day, Dr. Martin Luther King Day, Presidents' Day, Prince Kuhio Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, King Kamehameha Day, Independence Day, Statehood Day, Labor Day, Veterans' Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day,
Hele-On operates the following routes throughout Hawaii County. All routes operate Monday through Saturday, excluding County of Hawai’i observed holidays unless noted.
East Hawai’i Routes
- Intra-Hilo Waiakea-Uka
- Intra-Hilo Keaukaha
- Intra-Hilo Kaumana
- Hilo-Waimea and Waikoloa Village
- Hilo-Kailua Kona
- Hilo-South Kohala Resorts (via Waimea) (Daily with one a.m. trip to Kailua-Kona, Monday through Saturday)
- Friday & Saturday Evening UH-Hilo Shuttle
- Ka’u After School Bus (Monday through Friday, only during school days)
- Goodwill Bus (Monday through Friday)
North Hawai’i Routes
- Intra-Waimea Shuttle
- Waikoloa Village/South Kohala Resorts/Waimea Shuttle
- Waimea-Waikoloa Village (Monday through Friday, when school is in session)
West Hawai’i Routes
- Pahala-Kailua-Kona-South Kohala Resorts (Daily)
- North Kohala-South Kohala (Monday through Saturday, including County observed hoildays)
- North Kohala-Waimea-Kailua-Kona (no service to Waimea on Saturday)
For those that are senior or have a disability, a demand response bus service provided by Hawaii County Economic Opportunity Council is available on weekdays for free upon registration.
For those that reside in the Hilo urbanized area and travel up to nine (9) miles, the Hele-On Shared Ride Taxi Program may be available to you upon purchase of taxi coupon books. Visit the webpage for more details.
For passengers riding to/from Parker School, West Hawaii Explorations Academy, Hawaii Preparatory Academy, Konawaena School, Waiakeawaena Elementary School, Waiakea Elementary School, Waiakea High School and Waiakea Intermediate School, Nawahi School, Pahala Elementary School, Pahala Intermediate School, Pahala High School or St. Joseph School, please visit the Supplementary School Service webpage for more details.
Important Information About Routes and Schedules
Times are approximate and may vary due to road conditions, weather, traffic conditions and other unforeseen circumstances. The County of Hawai'i assumes no responsibility for acts or omissions of others, or for lost or stolen or damaged baggage or other personal articles, or for personal items left behind. Hele-On bus passes and coupons are non-refundable and non-transferable. Timetables shown are approximate and not guaranteed. Passengers should allow extra time for delays.